Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The BIG Spill! Oh NO!

Here I was multitasking while preparing all the oils for my next batch of soap. I had put some coconut oil in the microwave to melt and was filling a container with olive oil and then decided to do some dishes. A few minutes later I remember that I have olive oil pouring into a container and look over to see about a gallon of oil spilled all over the floor. I had left it too long and the oil filled my container and then just kept on coming! Oh man what a mess! Can you see the darker oil covered area on the floor? This is after picking up a bunch of the oil already.

What a slippery mess!

So I had to get on my hands and knees and figure out a way to scoop up all that oil. I seriously scooped up nearly a gallon of oil! Luckily the floor is not even so the oil pooled in one area and using a flat sided scoop and a silicone spatula I was able to pick up most of the oil. I am still trying to work out how to clean up the rest of the oil on the floor. I think it is going to take a few times cleaning it with a strong detergent to get up all that oil and finally get the floor to no longer be slippery. Not sure what to do with this oil now.  Any suggestions?

Look at all that oil!