Saturday, October 11, 2008

Soap and scrub

Just whipped up a batch of pumpkin soap, using real pumpkin, and a batch of jasmine salt bars. I changed up the salts in the salt bars to a fine grain from the medium grain and I think they look better. I am also working on a double batch of oatmeal, milk, and honey soap to replenish my stock and for a custom order that wants an entire loaf.

I have also been playing around with my pumpkin cream soap that I made a while ago. I finally got it to the thickness that I like. I want to make some of the cream soap into a scrub, so I have been testing out different ingredients. I tried raw sugar, sea salt, luffa, and jojoba beads. The sugar turned out fantastic. I scented it with brown sugar FO and it is really to die for. The salt seemed to "melt" into the soap and turned it very thick--too difficult to use. The luffa and jojoba beads would probably be good for a facial scrub, but they just didn't do too much for me. I may try out some exfoliating waxes, apricot kernal, aluminum oxide, or synscrub spheres. I think I will stick with the sugar for the body and test out some of the other options for the facial scrub.

I will try to get some photos of the new soap up tomorrow.
Hope you all were able to enjoy the beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, the pumpkin cream sounds amazing! I have a thing for sugar in a scrub. Its my favorite by far.

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat you worked in real pumpkin in your soap! Would love to see a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have posted a picture of the pumpkin soap. I have to say I love how it turned out. It makes great suds and it smells awesome. I just want to eat it! haha

    ReplyDelete