Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Laundry Soap!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and New year. I sure did! It was so great to see all my family and friends.

On the soaping front, I just put a ton of laundry soap in the oven. I am basically all out and it is one of my best selling items! I make my soap with a 50:50 blend of coconut and palm oil. I have also tried olive oil and palm and it worked well, too, but is more expensive to make.

Here I have 3 molds filled with my laundry soap. Next step...shredding all of that. Thank god for the Cuisinart!

I wanted to show a close up of some of my molds as well. I really like Upland molds. I have 2 slab molds now from them and the silicone mold makes removal so easy.
I also have this great mold from Silvermoon Molds. I don't use this one much since I have mostly switched over to slab molds, but this one also has a great silicone liner making soap removal so easy.
One of my other regular molds is a Kelsei slab mold that I use for salt bars since it has separators to make individual soaps that do not need to be cut. So what kind of mold is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I love my Soaphutch Custom Mold that I got over a year ago. It is the one I use most often. It can be a slab mold, log mold, divider mold for soaps that don't have to be cut. I'd be lost without it.

    ReplyDelete