Friday, March 8, 2013

Cut pictures of my goat's milk and yogurt soaps

This first soap is my faux funnel pour lavender patchouli scented soap that I made with goat's milk. The colors were natural and pink. I wish the pink was darker so that the layers popped a bit more, but the soap still looks pretty.

Faux Funnel Lavender Patchouli Goat's Milk Soap
 
Faux Funnel Lavender Patchouli Goat's Milk Soap

This next soap was made with some homemade yogurt and scented with a honey fragrance. I did an in the pot swirl with some uncolored soap and some soap colored with a gold mica. If you look closely, you can see the gold sparkles, but again i wish the colors has more contrast so that the gold would be very obvious. I guess next time I need to add titanium dioxide to my "uncolored" soap portion so that the gold stands out more. This soap also looks like it had a partial gel (how do I know?--the dark circle in the center of the soap is a clear indication of partial gel). I tried to get this soap not to gel, but I guess I did not try hard enough. Next time, the soap will go outside if it is cold, or into the fridge.

Honey Scented Yogurt Soap

Honey Scented Yogurt Soap
All in all, I am pleased with how these two soaps look. If you want to give them a try, check back soon as they will be added to my website and Etsy store shortly!