Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homemade Toothpaste

I have been actively commenting on the soap dish to try and get my 100 comments needed to use soapsaver. There has been discussion about homemade toothpaste or tooth soap on there and someone happened to mention using cream soap as a toothpaste. This sparked my interest due to my recent batch of cream soap. So I went and tasted my soap to see if it was nasty tasting...but low and behold it tasted great! It must be due to the glycerin in the soap, cause it has a light sweet flavor. I am planning to add a bit of baking soda and some peppermint EO and make a bit of tooth paste to try out. I am not sure how much of each to add so any suggestions would be welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I posted my # 100 today and registered for Soap Saver. Sounds like you have a great new item on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you could use cream soap as tooth paste...very interesting. I've been thinking about making cream soap anyway.

    ReplyDelete