Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cranberry and Cucumber Melon Soaps

No not those two scents together..that would probably be horrible. Yesterday I made a cranberry scented soap with a swirl of cranberry fruit fiber and red sparkles for color. The red kinda turned a brown color but it looks like with curing it may turn a little redder. I made some little ladybug shaped soap with the left over soap and those are turning a purple-red color. I poured this soap at a very thick trace so that I could try making some texture on the top of the soap. I think, even with the color not being bright red like I had wanted, it still looks pretty nice.

The second batch I made was scented with a cucumber melon FO. I used spirulina powder to make a green swirl. This soap ended up tracing really fast so it was already pretty thick when i poured it. I did not think that I would be able to get nice swirls, but I am actually really happy with how it turned out.

These soaps will both be available for purchase around April 6th.

I will add pictures later today, hopefully.

1 comment: