Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ginger Honey Sugar Scrub

I used up all of my last sugar scrub and decided to make a new one tonight. This one I increased the amount of sugar in an attempt to decrease the amount of oil that accumulates on top of the scrub when it sits. I also left out the cocoa powder that I used last time and I scented it with a honey ginger FO. It smells really great. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I have become totally addicted to these scrubs. I love the way they leave a slight trace of oil on your skin that acts like a lotion. My skin really looks and feels much softer in just 2 weeks. I think next time I will make a cranberry sugar scrub. I have a sparkling cranberry FO and some cranberry fruit fiber that I think would go great in a scrub. It would probably turn out pink so it would be super cute, too! I was also thinking of changing the cocoa butter to shea butter just to try out different combinations. Here is a picture I took of the scrub.