Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mango Hair Conditioner

I have been lurking in some courses being given by the yahoo group southern soapers classes for the past 3 weeks. I finally received my class kit from southern soapers and made a hair conditioner as taught in one of the classes. I really love how silky the conditioner feels and how silky it leaves my hair. I did not add any additives to the conditioner besides preservative and FO but I will likely add some proteins and other goodies in future batches. I just love the Mango FO that southern soapers put in my kit. It leaves my hair smelling of mangoes ALL day long...yum!

4 comments:

  1. I recently made a moisturiser which I found doubled nicely as a conditioner :). Did yours include the Conditioning Emulsifier? I adore mangoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This conditioner was made from BTMS which is an emulsifying conditioner. It can also be used to make lotions..though I have not tried that yet. Did you like it as a moisturizer? I think the conditioner I made has too much FO in it for my skin and would just inflame my eczema more, but I could make one with EO or unscented. I have not made a moisturizer/lotion yet, but it is on my list if future experiments. If only I didn't have to go to my real job...I could stay home and play with fun experiments all day. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling! I seem to have less and less time now that exams are approaching.

    It's has a silky feel which I like! But because I have tons of moisturisers I'm using it as my conditioner at the moment and I love it!

    I always thought you needed dimethicone or cyclomethicone to make hair smooth and shiny but this is without it and its great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I have a question about btms. Can you use it in a hair butter recipe that does not have water in it. For example,the ingredients would be:
    Tucuma butter, cupuacu butter murumuru butter, brazil nut oil and btms.

    I want to add BTMS for detangling properties. Does it have to be in a higher concentration than the butters and the oil?
    Does Btms require water to be effective as a conditioner?
    If you could make up a formula out of these ingredients, what would it be?

    ReplyDelete